A blog created to dispel the many myths about the opposum . . . a much maligned creature of God.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Contest! Just in time for Christmas!

Young mothers, I know you want to teach your children to love and respect all of God's creatures. Even the ones that cause you to say "Eww". A visit to "Possums Just Wanna Have Fun" would help them understand some of the mysteries of God's animal kingdom. And teach them that baby possums can be just as cute as baby bunnies. It's true, you know. They start out little and pink, just like bunnies do. In fact, I've not met a baby anything that wasn't cute.

I have an irrational fear of praying Mantises. If one ever got in my hair, I'd probably die on the spot. But a few years back, someone gave me a little matchbox and told me to open it carefully. Inside was a tiny, tiny praying Mantis. As small as a mosquito. And he was praying. I let him walk around on my desk and up and down my fingers. I think if I'd kept him - we might have bonded. (Big Grin). But I didn't know what to feed him, so I released him in the garden and hoped he'd make it. Yes, you read right. I hoped he'd make it.

Regarding possums, most of you have only seen the ugly, skinny looking creatures that roam the night looking for bugs. Okay, granted, they are gross looking. But they have the potential to be beautiful. They are cute as babies. Just as a puppy is.

I had the privilege of rescuing four puppies born to an abandoned dog. They'd never seen a human and when I approached them, they snarled and bit at me. By the time I got all four of them safely in a carrying kennel, my hands were bleeding. And they weren't very pretty either. Bony and matted. Three weeks later they were fattened up, cute and cuddly. It's amazing what a little TLC will do.

Next time you see an ugly possum, think of what he could look like with a little TLC. And if you can't imagine that - look at some of my pics of Soupy.

Now . . . for the contest. Below I've asked three questions. Go to "comments" and leave your name - and a comment if you like. But don't answer the questions there. 


Email me at  lynne@lynnewellswalding.com. Answer the questions and leave your name and a contact address. The winner will be drawn from a list of those correctly answering the questions.

Again - Leave a comment and/or your name in blog comments.
             Leave your answers and your name and contact address at my email address. 
             Easy as that.

Drawing will be held December 14. The possum will go out in the afternoon mail. In time for Christmas. The winner will be announced in this blog on December 15. I'll tell you next week what completely impartial individual will be doing the drawing. You're gonna love it!

And here are the questions:
              Where did I get Soupy?
               Where did I get Squirrel Girl?
               How did Soupy break his leg?


Get ready. Get set. Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment